.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of the Grateful Bear

ramblings of a freelance panentheist {"all things are in God, and God is in all things"} . . . musings on Emergent spirituality, powerlifting, LGBTQueer issues, contemplative prayer, mysticism, cats, music, healing, and more. I like my coffee and my existentialism dark-roasted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), in private practice in Marietta, Georgia. My writings on queer spirituality have been published in Whosoever and several other magazines. I live in a house-in-the-woods (Bear's Hermitage) in Marietta with Leonidas (Lenny) and Guy, Mighty Warrior Cats, and way too many books.


Monday, October 29, 2012

Silent Prayer, With Crows

Sitting in silent prayer, I hear 
the caw-caw-caw of a crow in the forest 
and off in the distance the caw-caw-caw 
of another crow in response. 
The caws go on and on - 
a deep conversation for the crows - 
but instead of letting it be a distraction 
I choose to let each caw be a Call 
to return to the center, 
return to the One 
who meets me in the silence 
and in the caw-caw-caw of the forest.

.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home