.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of the Grateful Bear

ramblings of a freelance panentheist {"all things are in God, and God is in all things"} . . . musings on Emergent spirituality, powerlifting, LGBTQueer issues, contemplative prayer, mysticism, cats, music, healing, and more. I like my coffee and my existentialism dark-roasted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), in private practice in Marietta, Georgia. My writings on queer spirituality have been published in Whosoever and several other magazines. I live in a house-in-the-woods (Bear's Hermitage) in Marietta with Leonidas (Lenny) and Guy, Mighty Warrior Cats, and way too many books.


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doctrines of Grace: BEERS, not TULIPs

Whoever blogs at Kingdom Grace (I couldn't find the name of the author) is offering a great alternative to the Five Points of Calvinism, traditionally written as TULIP:

* Total Depravity
* Unconditional Election
* Limited Atonement
* Irresistible Grace
* Perseverance of the Saints

Kingdom Grace is offering BEERS:

* Broken Eikons
* Eternal Purpose
* Extravagant Atonement
* Response to Grace
* Shalom

I prefer Kingdom Grace's Doctrines. How 'bout you?

.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Piers Gaveston Jr said...

Is this the tulips that tiny tim tiptoed through?
chamblee54/piersgavestonjr

3:19 PM, July 02, 2009  
Anonymous Dena said...

Hi there!

Found your note on Mike Morrell's blog -- thanks for the suggestion to check out your blog.

Me likes!

I'm adding it to my blogroll ... feel free to audition me out for yours!

Shalom, Dena

2:26 AM, August 20, 2009  
Blogger gratefulbear said...

Already got ya added to mine, Dena!

10:03 AM, August 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home