.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of the Grateful Bear

ramblings of a freelance panentheist {"all things are in God, and God is in all things"} . . . musings on Emergent spirituality, powerlifting, LGBTQueer issues, contemplative prayer, mysticism, cats, music, healing, and more. I like my coffee and my existentialism dark-roasted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), in private practice in Marietta, Georgia. My writings on queer spirituality have been published in Whosoever and several other magazines. I live in a house-in-the-woods (Bear's Hermitage) in Marietta with Leonidas (Lenny) and Guy, Mighty Warrior Cats, and way too many books.


Thursday, April 06, 2006

Transition

My grandmother Ruth Grizzle passed away on Tuesday. She was 83 years old and not in good health, and she knew that she was going. Just before she died she laid down on the sofa in her living room and told her daughter, "This is where Jesus will find me." A few minutes later she was gone. Now she and my grandfather, B.G. Grizzle, are together again. She was B.G.'s second wife, and she brought him much happiness the last 25 years of his life.

Ruth was a hummingbird person. She always had hummingbird feeders outside her windows and little hummingbird figurines all over her house.

I was at the funeral home in Dahlonega with my family yesterday, and I'll be there again tomorrow (Friday at 2) for the funeral. Please remember me and my family in your prayers.

5 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Ya Saalam, Darrell. May peace fill your heart. You'll be in my prayers tonight.

8:25 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger Meredith said...

I am holding you and your family in the Light, dear friend. May peace abide with you.
~M

8:10 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger TheLesRev said...

Darrell...just read your blog and saw your grandmother had passed. My sincere condolences for your loss and my heartfelt prayers for peace and comfort.

11:18 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger isaiah said...

Peace to you and your family-

3:06 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

I just saw this post, Darrell. Much love and peace as you and your family continue to remember your grandmother. They're special people, for sure (grandmas). I'm sure she appreciated your love and example.

9:51 AM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home