.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of the Grateful Bear

ramblings of a freelance panentheist {"all things are in God, and God is in all things"} . . . musings on Emergent spirituality, powerlifting, LGBTQueer issues, contemplative prayer, mysticism, cats, music, healing, and more. I like my coffee and my existentialism dark-roasted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), in private practice in Marietta, Georgia. My writings on queer spirituality have been published in Whosoever and several other magazines. I live in a house-in-the-woods (Bear's Hermitage) in Marietta with Leonidas (Lenny) and Guy, Mighty Warrior Cats, and way too many books.


Sunday, April 16, 2006

Matthew Fox and Grateful Bear on Podcast

Whosoever’s Podcast (“Godcast”) Number 6 is now online, available for download. This edition features a spirited commentary on current news from editor Candace Chellew-Hodge; an interview with the Rev. Matthew Fox about his book A New Reformation; and an essay by yours truly, the Grateful Bear, on “Coffeehouse Spirituality.”

To download the podcast as an mp3, click here. For info on how to subscribe to the podcast using iTunes or iPodder, click here.

“Coffeehouse Spirituality” originally appeared in White Crane Journal.

2 Comments:

Blogger isaiah said...

Enjoyed your segment on "Coffeehouse Sprituality" and I've got to agree with your analogy...and would even go one step further...my wife dislikes coffee and she doesn't hold much faith in religion, but she always orders up a cup of hot chocolate (as she chooses to believe in centeredness through gardening, fishing, even dancing) while I drink my choice of the day! We both enjoy a hot cup together.

We shouldn't be concerened with what other's are drinking- the important thing is to order up!

2:13 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Zach Young said...

Beautiful metaphor. I loved it!

2:49 PM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home