.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of the Grateful Bear

ramblings of a freelance panentheist {"all things are in God, and God is in all things"} . . . musings on Emergent spirituality, powerlifting, LGBTQueer issues, contemplative prayer, mysticism, cats, music, healing, and more. I like my coffee and my existentialism dark-roasted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), in private practice in Marietta, Georgia. My writings on queer spirituality have been published in Whosoever and several other magazines. I live in a house-in-the-woods (Bear's Hermitage) in Marietta with Leonidas (Lenny) and Guy, Mighty Warrior Cats, and way too many books.


Sunday, April 30, 2006

Amsterdam



Another web quiz: What European City Do You Belong In?

Here are my results. Interestingly, Amsterdam is one of three European cities I really want to visit someday. The other two are Prague and Paris (with a side trip to Chartres).

You Belong in Amsterdam

A little old fashioned, a little modern – you're the best of both worlds. And so is Amsterdam. Whether you want to be a squatter graffiti artist or a great novelist, Amsterdam has all that you want in Europe (in one small city).

4 Comments:

Blogger Zach Young said...

Ha, I just took the test and got the same answer. I even went back and changed the one answer I wasn't sure of (the dessert one) and still got Amsterdam.

It is a beautiful city, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there. I wasn't really impressed with it as somewhere I would want to live (granted I was only there for one day.)

If I could answer myself, I think my answer would rather be Prague or Kiev (Kyiv [newer spelling])

11:43 PM, April 30, 2006  
Anonymous Irish Flambeau said...

HAH! Here's what mine said:

***You Belong in Dublin***


Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.

11:59 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Jon said...

Well, I'm with Zach and you, Darrell, Amsterdam it is! Although really Barcelona is the city I feel most compelled to see. (I wonder if that was even a choice!)

7:17 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Whosoever said...

Apparently I'm a Dubliner too! I like the idea of pub crawls and bike rides, but not very close together.

Now I just have to work on my accent.

10:47 AM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home